Arts & Communication Honors Scholars are graduating seniors who have completed the requirements listed below. All requirements must be completed by the end of the third quarter of their senior year, except for coursework in progress for which previously determined due dates fall during the fourth quarter (senior capstone, completion of career development credits).
Requirements for ACMA Honors Scholar:
- Earn a cumulative non-weigheted GPA of at least 3.75 at the end of the first semester of Grade 12 and no significant change in grades at the end of quarter 3.
- Proficiency through level three in the same World Language
- Complete an Art Pathway Endorsement
- Successful completion of the full year of Capstone at a level of mastery
- Completed 90-hours or more of community service; verified by letters from participating agencies
Arts & Communication Magnet Academy Valedictorian Selection
The designation of Valedictorian is awarded to a single member of the graduating class who meets the following tiered criteria:
- Cumulative non-weighted GPA of 4.0 (or highest non-weighted GPA)
If there are multiple candidates resulting from Tier 1 criteria, the following will be applied:
- ACMA Honors Scholar
- National Honor Society affiliation
- Art Pathway Endorsement(s)
- Transcript review to assess rigorous course selection
In the event multiple candidates meet all of the criteria above:
- Staff input will serve to advise administrative team regarding the candidate who has made the greatest contribution to the culture of the school.